Everybody suffers from some measure of anxiety. It might present as a slight headache, stomach upset or sweaty palms. You might be experiencing more episodes when you feel overwhelmed with a situation, or simply feel out of control with everything happening around.
If you want to try a natural remedy for your anxiety then Lavender is the go to herb. Lavender has been shown to decrease feelings of anxiety and relieve tension headaches. The soothing aroma of lavender relaxes the body, while still having anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and detoxifying abilities. This makes lavender an excellent addition to everyday self care routine.
Here are five ways you can use lavender.
1. Make Lavender Lemonade: try this easy recipe for a delicious and refreshing drink. Use 250 ml of water, 2 thsp of dried lavender, ½ cup of freshly squeezed lemons, ½ cup of sugar. Boil the water and add the dried lavender and allow to infuse for 15 minutes. In a pitcher, strain the water infusion and set the dried lavender aside, add lemon juice and sugar to the water. Add more water to fill the pitcher and taste. Refrigerate or add ice cubes.
2. Add Lavender essential oils to your rinse cycle; after the wash cycle in complete add 3-4 drops of lavender essential oils to the rinse cycle, all your clothes will come out with the soothing aroma of Lavender.
3. Add Lavender to refresh your potpourri, it that potpourri you bought a long time ago has gathered some dust, you can still bring it back to live with a few drops of essential oil. Remove all the dust and dirt, and add a few drops of your essential oils, leave it on near your table or bedside, where you smell can drift to fill the room. Inhale and exhale
4. Burn lavender in your diffuser or oil burner; add 10 -12 drops of lavender essential oil into the oil reservoir of your burner, add water and let it fill the air.
5. Add 2 drops to 30ml of unrefined almond oil or olive oil for soothing body oil.
Don’t let anxiety get you down 🙂